TCAdmin  - The Game Hosting Control Panel  

Go Back   TCAdmin - The Game Hosting Control Panel > Total Control Admin Panel > Pre Sales Questions

Old 04-21-2015, 03:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jeromehaynes
Default Re: Ubuntu 14.04 ?

Out of curiosity ECF, why did you guys choose mono over php? I'm sure there's a list of things, I'm more curious than anything
Old 04-21-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromehaynes View Post
Out of curiosity ECF, why did you guys choose mono over php? I'm sure there's a list of things, I'm more curious than anything
I wager because TCadmin is written in .NET and mono is the linux bridge to .NET
Old 04-22-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECF View Post
There are plenty of other panels out their that run on .php. You should go with one of them if you think mono is a joke.
gameCP is a bigger joke & others are missing features / not updated anymore.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to jeromehaynes

Then you're left with TCAdmin the control panel that uses mono. What is people's dislike of mono anyway... This was a webpanel originally created for Windows and I'm going to use this word loosely here; ported to linux. Is it really such a surprise? Plenty of people have custom panels that they either paid someone to do or programmed themselves, so having to live with mono to bypass that is a very small sacrifice imo

Razio, I more meant why at the very beginning before they had even started it decide with .net rather than php or any other language? Though I guess it also depends on what language the dev is proficient is at the beginning of the project + everyone has a preference.
Old 05-11-2015, 11:08 PM

We run Ubuntu 14.04, and we've used Debian. They both work very good, We have had no problems with Ubuntu whatsoever. And I was really surprised of how well TCAdmin works in terms of stability, Mono or Ubuntu has never been any problem, and TCAdmin seems to be very well written, I have never experienced any bugs. So Mono shouldn't stop you from buying TCAdmin.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words krazos

I will point out that windows is more stable than Linux due to the ASP.NET coding and Windows going hand in hand. Mono is the piece in between the code and the Linux OS.

Recently Microsoft released a bunch of ASP.NET code for public use. As the MONO team works to integrate this code into theirs, we should see the Linux version of V2 become more and more stable.

Also remember that each game reacts differently as well. Some games are more stable than others.

Hope this clears up the question of the OP.