PDA

View Full Version : Webserver requirements and port control

GameConnectors
05-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Hi All,

I am very interested in this panel, as the one I am currently using provides about as much support as my grans bra!

Can you confirm whether it is neccessary to have a seperate install of Apache or do you have to use IIS? Also, is there a list of ports that need opening on the firewall?

Hope you guys can help. I'm gonna DL the trial anyway.

Cheers,

Paul

ECF
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi Paul,

Here is a quick overview of the requirements. The master server will require that you be running IIS 5.0 or higher on it. Depending on which database you choose, you may also need MYSql server running. After that the only requirements for the remote servers will be that you have .net framework installed. The remotes run a small footprint monitor program, that's it.

As far as ports. The monitor will need a port that you specify during setup for communitcations, the master will need a web port open, and you will lastly need to open FTP port(s) based on how you configure the panel.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :grin:

05-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi ECF,

Many Thanks for your response.

I have requested a trial key, but not received it yet (not sure if you can hurry along the process ;) )

Only problem I have now is that I need to get someone in our DC to put the Windows 2003 server disc in as we do not install IIS as standard on our boxes.

We already run MySQL so thats not a problem.

Only other question is are you likely to build in any integration with ModernBill? Nothing fancy, but at least so it will will suspend the game server if a payment isn't made etc...

Look forward to your reply.

GameConnectors
05-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Sorry, am sure I was logged in when I posted the above.

Paul

GameConnectors
05-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Oh, one more question. When using the auto-game server creation area of TCAdmin, does it make a copy of the game DIR specific to that game server and then point the FTP account to that DIR?

Thanks,

Paul

ECF
05-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Trial key should be getting pushed out sometime this morning. I will drop a note to see if it can be hurried.

We have no firm plans on integrating any billing system into the panel at this point. The reason is we are focusing on a few more general features which will benefit everyone. The idea of us coding a complete billing system has also been discussed. Which would include, ordering, setup and disabling and deletion of accounts. but we wanted to get user input on the way it should be coded before we do anything of that nature.

As far as the game directory question. Yes, the panel makes a new copy of the game files under the user's folder which they can then access vai FTP and the web filemanager. This allows you to assign as many servers to a user as you like, and they can access all of their game files from one FTP login.

I hope this info helps you :grin:

LFA
05-03-2005, 10:59 AM
1- Hi. Your trial key has been sent.

2- Right now we don't have integration with any billing system.

3- When you create a game server it automatically copies the files to the user's folder, generates the command line, modifies the configuration file and sends the user and admin a notification email. FTP is integrated, so the user will see the files for their games automatically.

GameConnectors
05-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Thanks Guys - so smooth!

Subject to the trial going well, you will most likely see our order in the next day or so. (Not sure what time your up, but I'm in the UK so what sort of time does support start?

Many thanks,

Paul

LFA
05-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Usually I get online at around 9AM central time

Game-Zero
05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GameConnectors</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Thanks Guys - so smooth!

Subject to the trial going well, you will most likely see our order in the next day or so. (Not sure what time your up, but I'm in the UK so what sort of time does support start?

Many thanks,

Paul
</td></tr></table>

I dont mean to be intrussive but dont the forumn rules state no sigs with links to sites, and advertising in sig, i put mine up but just read the rules and removed it

LFA
05-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Yes, no advertising. We don't want your clients finding their way here and find the forum full of GSP links all over the place.

05-03-2005, 05:36 PM
<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">LFA</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Yes, no advertising. We don't want your clients finding their way here and find the forum full of GSP links all over the place.
</td></tr></table>

TCAdmin is about to break the 1000 server mark. GJ

LFA
05-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Almost there :grin: :shock: :grin:

ECF
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GameConnectors</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Oh, one more question. When using the auto-game server creation area of TCAdmin, does it make a copy of the game DIR specific to that game server and then point the FTP account to that DIR?

Thanks,

Paul
</td></tr></table>

Here is a link to the directory structure documentation.

:arrow: http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

GHideout
05-03-2005, 10:39 PM
I don't remember being prompted for a default game install directory.... where was this option set?

LFA
05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
You have to log in to your control panel, go to System Settings &gt; Servers. Select a server. You will see 2 fields. User files path and game files path.

GHideout
05-03-2005, 10:46 PM
ah found it;)

GHideout
05-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Man, ya'll respond fast. I need to start looking before I ask questions. Thanks for your time!

GHideout
05-03-2005, 11:02 PM
Ok, so lets say.... I've created a directory with a basic install of css. we'll call it:

c:\dconfig\css\

I've also created a user folder (not sure if I had to do this)

d:\clients\testing\

What would i put in the blanks to make it auto install? Or have I misunderstood?

Application:

Working Directory:

Game Root Directory:

User Files Directory:

LFA
05-03-2005, 11:06 PM
you don't need to create any user folders. You would only need d:\clients. When you create a user and create a game server it will create the user's folder. You would only need to manually create the folder if you are creating a service manually.

LFA
05-03-2005, 11:08 PM
<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GHideout</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Application:

Working Directory:

Game Root Directory:

User Files Directory:
</td></tr></table>

Is this when manually creating a service or when configuring a game for automatic setup?

GHideout
05-03-2005, 11:13 PM
I'll come back in the morning when I'm fresh and could probly figure it out. Thanks for your help Thus far.

LFA
05-03-2005, 11:22 PM
Check section 4 of the TCAdmin Guide. http://my.tcadmin.com/downloads/tcadmin.pdf

GHideout
05-04-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah... I've read it several times and it's just too vague. I guess all I need is an example and I'd be good to go.

LFA
05-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Examples: http://forums.tcadmin.com/viewforum.php?f=10

ECF
05-04-2005, 10:47 AM
Here us a link to a directory structure document which will give you an overview of how it should be setup.

:arrow: http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

Once you have your directories setup, you can place the game install files or the .zip files in the proper location. You will need to add and/or configure the game for which you would like the automation process to work. That would include specifying the .exe, and paths to files within the System Settings&gt;Supported Games&gt; section. You will also need to add your command line variables, along with your server.cfg file. Only then will a game be ready for automation. If you do not configure the backend properly, automation will not work.

May I suggest you import one of the config files from the forums and take a look at the setup of one. This should give you an idea of how to configure games on your own. ;)

LFA
05-04-2005, 11:02 AM
An easy sample:

Download wolfet.exe and install to a folder named WOLFET inside your game installations folder.

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=WolfET.exe&amp;size=270305943

Download and import this file:

http://forums.tcadmin.com/viewtopic.php?t=118

Go to the "Create Game Server" page and fill in all the required information.

In about 3 minutes your Enemy Territory Server will be ready.

The mods and patches won't work because you will need the files. You can download the mods and save them to a folder named TCA.Mods inside your WolfET folder.

The patch files can be created using the Update File Generator. Just run the Generator, select the downloaded patch exe and under that select your wolfet installation folder. Click on "run the update". After running the update click on "generate zip file". Save it to a folder named TCA.Patches inside your Enemy Territory installation folder.

Log in to your control panel, go to system settings &gt; supported games, select Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Click on "Game Updates" and configure your new patch.

GHideout
05-04-2005, 11:50 AM
<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">LFA</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
Download and import this file:

http://forums.tcadmin.com/viewtopic.php?t=118

</td></tr></table>

Error while saving configuration.

I'm able to import other ones listed though.

GHideout
05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
I was able to fix that error by adding the following to the txt file i was importing.

<div class="pre"><pre>&lt;/RCONCOMMAND&gt;
&lt;/RCONCOMMANDS&gt;
&lt;/GAME&gt;</pre></div>

GHideout
05-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Ok, so I've installed W:ET to the WOLFET directory in my default game giles dir.

I imported the specified config file.

I went to my admin home and clicked on Gaming Services.

I clicked on new service.

Display Name: Testing

GameType: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Slots: 10

Selected a valid IP

Left default ports

Application: ET.exe

Working Directory: /

Game Root Directory: /

User Files Directory: /

Additional argument: &lt;blank&gt;

Gave it affinity to a CPU

Clicked save

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Service has been created.
</td></tr></table>

No files were copied, and starting the server does nothing. Where did I mess up?[/quote]

ECF
05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
You created a service manually. To use the automation click on Create a Game and Voice Server icon from the main menu.

I would recommend you delete the one you have just created so it is not left there.

LFA
05-04-2005, 12:19 PM
services &gt; new service is for manually creating a service. This is for when you already have a game server running and just want to be able to control it.

Where you should go is to "Create a Game and Voice Server" in the main page (right after you log in as admin).

GHideout
05-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Ah, I knew I was just missing one step. If it were me I'd put the word "automated" or something to that note in the descripting instead of create a game and voice server...

Thanks for your patience with me!

GHideout
05-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Ok.... guess i lied. It created the proper directory, and moved the files but didn't assign the game server to the user. And it's not listed under gaming services.

ECF
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
First thing to check is make sure that you have a server.cfg file within the install files. Second, make sure it is blank. The panel creates the .cfg file from the one you have stored in your database. But you must have a blank server.cfg file within your install directory so they panel has something to copy over and write contents to. If it is not present it will copy the files, but fail on writing the config file.

Delete the folder which the panel created from your users file folder and check what I said above. Then try it again.

GHideout
05-04-2005, 02:38 PM
<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
First thing to check is make sure that you have a server.cfg file within the install files. Second, make sure it is blank. The panel creates the .cfg file from the one you have stored in your database. But you must have a blank server.cfg file within your install directory so they panel has something to copy over and write contents to. If it is not present it will copy the files, but fail on writing the config file.

Delete the folder which the panel created from your users file folder and check what I said above. Then try it again.
</td></tr></table>

Ok, I did that with the same outcome. Files were copied, nothing was written to server.cfg.

LFA
05-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Make sure you set your email settings so the panel can notify you of any errors. Check the Logs folder on you master for a file named Mail.Errors.txt and update your email in the admin's profile.

GHideout
05-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Looking through the logs files I found this...

5/4/2005 1:42:29 PM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Could not write to D:\clients\ADMIN\GameServers\TC8310057203152387186 8600\\cstrike\cfg\server.cfg.

GHideout
05-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I found a problem in my directory structure, I think that will fix the issue.

ECF
05-04-2005, 02:54 PM
Looks like you have an extra \ in your path.

Go into Sytem Settings&gt;Supported Games, and click on the Couterstrike game in the list. Then please post what you have set for the following 2 fields.

Relative Working Directory

and

Relative User Files Directory

GHideout
05-04-2005, 02:55 PM
both are /

GHideout
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Ok, the problem was I had moved the whole directory I had installed css to, which was css. So the files being copied had the following structure:

c:\dconfig\css\css\

instead of

c:\dconfig\css\

ECF
05-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Set the Relative User Files Directory to the following:

/cstrike/

Click save and try it again.

GHideout
05-04-2005, 03:07 PM
It's working properly now. Thanks so much for all of your help, the whole process makes sense to me now. I liked the panel a lot when i was manually entering services, this just makes it sooooo much sweeter.

ECF
05-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Just keep in mind that any file links that you create within the panel will be relative to the User's Path. In this instance we set the users path to /cstrike/ for this game.

The file link for server.cfg will look like this in the current config:

cfg/server.cfg

However if we change the User's path to reflect the top directory of /

then we would want to add the link to the server.cfg file as this:

/strike/cfg/server.cfg

GHideout
05-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Alright, sounds good. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Jissh
02-27-2006, 04:40 PM
WOW you guys hammered too I see

ECF
02-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Bleh :roll:

Damn spammers!

24play1
03-07-2006, 06:12 PM
spam

(felt left out)