PDA

View Full Version : Customer support and upgrades after 1 year?

studeggle
09-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok looking at this has always bugged me so I'll ask it here since this looks like the best thread for it. Are you planning on adding a package for renewing customer support and upgrades on an out right buy.

"this package includes 1 year of support and upgrades built into the initial price"

If you do the math, monthly is cheaper for a year on the master liscence. ($15.95 X 12Months = $191.40) This being cuase you then own it I figure.

But I know at least I still want to be able to get upgrades after a year, especially if they are anything like your current improvments :grin: So it would be nice to have a reduced year rate for upgrades and continued support (although by that time probably won't need support much)

Or are we just stuck if we outright buy the liscence :sad:

AvailNetworks
09-29-2005, 03:45 PM
http://www.tcadmin.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=541& (http://www.tcadmin.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=541&start=0&rid=104) start=0&rid=104

read down in that list it will say the yearly support costs

ECF
09-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Ok looking at this has always bugged me so I'll ask it here since this looks like the best thread for it. Are you planning on adding a package for renewing customer support and upgrades on an out right buy.

"this package includes 1 year of support and upgrades built into the initial price"

If you do the math, monthly is cheaper for a year on the master liscence. ($15.95 X 12Months = $191.40) This being cuase you then own it I figure.

But I know at least I still want to be able to get upgrades after a year, especially if they are anything like your current improvments :grin: So it would be nice to have a reduced year rate for upgrades and continued support (although by that time probably won't need support much)

Or are we just stuck if we outright buy the liscence :sad:

We have very reduced rates for support/updates for owned licenses. Basically it's 20% of the price for masters and 15% for remotes.

So it equates to $40 per year on the master and $22.50 per year for the remotes to renew the support and upgrades for another year.